Report on performance of resolution 35/NQ-CP in August 2020
Mon, 19 Oct 2020 11:05:00 | Print | Email Share:
CHAMBER OF COMMERCE & INDUSTRY OF VIETNAM
No: 1577/PTM – KHTH
Report on performance of resolution 35/NQ-CP in August 2020
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, 22th September 2020
To: THE GOVERNMENT’ S PRIME MINISTER NGUYEN XUAN PHUC
Performing the tasks assigned by the Government’s Prime Minister in Resolution 35 / NQ-CP dated May 16, 2016 of the Government on business support and development until 2020, the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI) respectfully reports on the performance of assigned tasks in August 2020, specifically as follows:
I. THE IMPLEMENTATION OF MINISTRIES, BRANCHES AND LOCALITIES AGREEGRATING AND RESOLVINF RECOMMENDATION OF BUSINESSESS
- Recommendation gathering implementation of businesses
In August 2020, the VCCI synthesized and statistically had 23 new recommendations of businesses and business associations sent to ministries, branches and localities. In which, the Ministry of Finance received 06 recommendations; The Ministry of Planning and Investment and the Ministry of Transport received 05 recommendations, the Ministry of Industry and Trade received the remaining two recommendations: the Ministries of Natural Resources and Environment, Construction Interior, Public Security, Science and Technology and localities: of Hanoi, andCan Tho Cities, Ninh Thuan and Ben Tre Provinces . The basic content of the recommendations this month mainly proposed the fiscal policy, guiding the legal provisions to implement. In addition, there were also a number of recommendations on building laws and some specific cases of the enterprise, such as: proposing to extend tax and fee payment time; proposing to amend Decree No. 57/2020 / ND-CP to apply the export tax rate of copper tube HS code 7411.10.00 from 5% to 0% as before; propose to remove problems in transit container inspection and request agencies to comply with the provisions of law according to Decree 59 / ND-CP dated April 20, 2018 and Circular 39/2018 / TT-BTC dated April 20, 2018; guidance on additional issuance of e-invoices applicable to seaport services (cargo loading and unloading services, storage services, warehousing, wharf services ... with a sound contract payment through the banking system; commenting on the draft Decree on corporate bond issuance and trading (replacing Decree 163/2018 / ND). In addition, there are some specific recommendations of businesses and business association.
Details of the data and the content of new recommendations are presented in Appendix 1, Appendix 2 attached to the report.
- Details of the data and the content of new recommendations are presented in Appendix 1, Appendix 2 attached to the report.
In August 2020, the VCCI received 47 written responses to business proposals from ministries, sectors and localities (double the previous month). These documents were fully posted by VCCI on the website of VCCI as prescribed in Resolution 35. (Details in Appendix 3 attached to the report)
In general, the response to the recommendations of ministries, branches and localities this month was more urgent, especially the handling and settlement of outstanding recommendations at the Government’s Prime Minister's online conference with enterprises. to remove difficulties, promote production and business, restore the economy to respond to the Covid-19 epidemic which took place on May 9, 2020. Responding to recommendations is mostly related to guiding the implementation of the provisions of the law, offering solutions to support and solving difficulties to create conditions for businesses to do business. The Ministry of Finance is the agency responding the most to recommendations (25 recommendations), the rest are Ministry of Planning and Investment, Ministry of Construction, State Bank, the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, the Ministry of Science and Technology, the People's Committee of Hanoi City, the People's Committee of Ha Giang Province, the People's Committee of Ca Mau Province.
2.2. The recommendations were not resolved
According to VCCI's monitoring, from July 1, 2020 to August 30, 2020, there were still 03 recommendations of businesses and business associations that were not answered by ministries, branches or localities and were expired for reply. The reason for the delay in responding to proposals of businesses and business associations is that this month ministries, branches and localities focused on responding to outstanding recommendations from previous months, especially recommendations of businesses. Enterprises and Business Associations at the online conference. The Government’s Prime Minister met with businesses in order to overcome difficulties caused by the Covid-19 epidemic, so it took more time to respond to new recommendations sent from the beginning of August 2020,
Details of the unanswered recommendations and responsibilities for resolution of ministries, agencies and localities this month were presented in Appendix 4 attached to the report.
The Government’s Office is requested to continue directing ministries, branches and localities to respond to enterprises' proposals.
II. IMPLEMENTATION OF SOLUTION 35/NQ-CP OF VCCI
In August 2020, VCCI implemented the following tasks:
1. Implement activities to contribute to administrative reform; create a favorable environment to support businesses.
- The VCCI has consulted on draft legal documents: The Decree details the implementation of the Resolution of the National Assembly on reduction of corporate income tax payable by 2020; The Decree stipulates the sanction of administrative violations in the field of securities and securities markets; Decree on mineral management in national mineral reserve areas; Circular amending and supplementing Circular 33/2013 / TT-NHNN on procedures for approving cash export and import activities of banks; Circular amending and supplementing Circular 18/2018 / TT-NHNN on information system security in banking operations; Circular providing guidance on forms serving the appraisal or comment on technology of investment project; Circular detailing the implementation of the Decree regulating the sanctioning of administrative violations in the customs field; Reviewed legal normative documents in the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) industry; Decided providing for the order and procedures for the Government’s Prime Minister to consider approving an economic organization to make an offshore loan or guarantee for a non-resident not associated with an offshore investment project; Decision of the Prime Minister approving the interdisciplinary legal support program for small and medium enterprises period 2021 - 2025. (Details of comments are updated at: http://vibonline.com. vn / check-in-y-kien-vcci).
- The VCCI launched an online portal, consulting EVFTA for businesses and promotion agencies in the Mekong Delta region with the desire to support Mekong Delta businesses quickly, conveniently, deeply and efficiently. results in the process of international economic integration. This is the first portal to establish an advisory council and has a process and time to answer questions of businesses related to EVFTA regulations and tariff commitments, and origin of goods, technical barriers TBT, SPS, intellectual property, geographical indications ... etc as well as how to enter the EU market. Enterprises will ask questions through the section: EVFTA online consultation.
(https://www.vccimekong.com/en/cac-au-hoi-thuong-gap) or you can email it to the Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org). Advisory Council will respond and respond to business within 3 working days.
Launched a set of Business Integrity Criteria for Investors and Startups. The event aims to introduce investors and startups The set of criteria for selecting enterprises to invest in; shared about business integrity conditions to evaluate investment projects for startups. The set of criteria is also a very good reference source for foreign investors who are not familiar with the business environment in Vietnam. This program is part of the National Startup Program 2020 and the project "Promoting an Equitable Business Environment for New Entrepreneurs in Vietnam" of the United Nations Development Program UNDP Vietnam, which the Office Enterprise for sustainable development, the VCCI is the main partner, with the funding of UK Foundation.
- Organized a number of conferences, online seminars, online training activities by topic: Gender forum "Equality is prosperous" in Hanoi; Workshop on consultation with enterprises on "draft Circular promulgating the list of occupations using trained employees" in Hanoi; Forum "Implementing Decision No. 2545 / QD-TTg promoting non-cash payments in businesses" ...
- Organized a number of training courses for businesses with many topics: tax finalization training, effective use of Incoterms, e-commerce application in business, business strategy and plan development. , Building and developing brand name in the flat world, building a plan of using labor in post-Covid era - 19
2. Implementation of trade and investment promotion activities and programs and projects to support competitiveness improvement of enterprises and business associations:
- The VCCI’sPresident Vu Tien Loc chaired the 48th East Asia Business Council (EABC) meeting in the form of online conference, with the participation of 10 ASEAN countries and 3 partner countries, China and Japan. and Korea. Speaking at the meeting, the VCCI President in the capacity of EABC 2020 Chairman informed some important contents: (i) EABA emphasized its support for the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (RCEP); It is recommended that the Government expand the ASEAN + 3 Emergency Rice Reserve Fund (APTERR) to include other agricultural products such as salt, sugar, flour, cooking oil; Merging website of ASEAN + 3 and East Asia Business Exchange (EABEX) to promote awareness of public-private partnership for regional development. (ii) The Council notifies the release of the EABC e-book on customs in East Asia. Currently, EABC is implementing an e-book on investment in the region and expected to be released in 2021. (iii) EABC is currently conducting a survey on business prospects and Digitalization Strategy towards New normal state accompanied by JETRO and deployment support. The results of the survey will be included in the EABC report submitted to the ASEAN + 3 Government. The 49th East Asia Business Council meeting is scheduled to be held in November 2020.
- The VCCI’sPresident Vu Tien Loc chaired the 48th East Asia Business Council (EABC) meeting in the form of online conference, with the participation of 10 ASEAN countries and 3 partner countries, China, Japan and Korea. Speaking at the meeting, the VCCI President in the capacity of EABC 2020 Chairman informed some important contents: (i) EABA emphasized its support for the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (RCEP); It is recommended that the Government expand the ASEAN + 3 Emergency Rice Reserve Fund (APTERR) to include other agricultural products such as salt, sugar, flour, cooking oil; Merging website of ASEAN + 3 and East Asia Business Exchange (EABEX) to promote awareness of public-private partnership for regional development. (ii) The Council notifies the release of the EABC e-book on customs in East Asia. Currently, EABC is implementing an e-book on investment in the region and expected to be released in 2021. (iii) EABC is currently conducting a survey on business prospects and Digitalization Strategy towards New normal state accompanied by JETRO and deployment support. The results of the survey will be included in the EABC report submitted to the ASEAN + 3 Government. The 49th East Asia Business Council meeting is scheduled to be held in November 2020.
- Coordinated with the European Business Association in Vietnam (EuroCham) to organize the Workshop "EVFTA Agreement and Vietnam's integration into the post-Covid-19 global value chain" in Hanoi. The conference was chaired by VCCI’s President Vu Tien Loc, EU Ambassador to Vietnam Giorgio Aliberti with the participation of representatives of many business associations, business leaders in Vietnam and EU. Speaking at the event, the VCCI Chairman said that EVFTA is an important foundation for Vietnam and the EU to work together to build a responsible and safe supply chain. Regarding opportunities from the European FDI wave from EVFTA, in the current context, in the view of the VCCI, the most important FDI attraction is supporting industries. This is the potential and the opportunity to match the quality of the current infrastructure and human resources in Vietnam. To ensure the implementation of EVFTA implementation programs, the VCCI and EuroCham have decided to set up the Vietnam-EU Business Joint Council and will launch in the near future. This Council will have a separate working group with Vietnam - EU enterprises according to each commodity. Every month, the two sides will discuss each topic according to each commodity group for enterprises of the two sides to interact and share.
- Collaborated with the Indian Industry Federation (CII), the Embassy of India in Vietnam to hold a special seminar on Vietnam - India Cooperation, within the framework of Business Summit and Fair 1st India - ASEAN - Oceania online exhibition. CII proposed to cooperate with the Ministry of Industry and Trade of Vietnam and the VCCI to organize a conference on investment and trade promotion of special significance in the context of the world facing the COVID-19 epidemic, to promote and create favorable conditions to support businesses of the two countries to increase exchanges, connections and cooperation to bring bilateral trade relations to 15-20 billion USD in the near future. Currently, India is one of the top 10 trade partners of Vietnam and some areas will focus on cooperation with India in the coming time, including: pharmaceuticals, energy, electronics and information technology. ...
Above is the report on the implementation of Resolution 35 / NQ-CP in August 2020, the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry respectfully reports to the Prime Minister.
- As above;
- The Steering Committee;
- Government’s Office (DMDN Dept);
- VCCI’s Business Information Centre (for posrtimh on the webside);
- Save by archive and Admin (TH).
By: Translator: HaiYen - Business Information Center (BIZIC)
Same category News :