Who will be first vaccinated against COVID-19?
Health workers will be among the first to be vaccinated against COVID-19, the Ministry of Health has announced.
Viet Nam may receive 60 million COVID-19 vaccine doses in 2021
Other priority groups are:
- Those who join COVID-19 prevention and control (members of steering committees for COVID-19 responses at all levels, staff at quarantine sites, reporters among others)
- Diplomats, customs officers, and export-import officers
- Military forces
- Public security forces
- People aged above 65
- Those who work in essential service sectors like aviation, transport, tourism, water and electricity and others
- Those with chronic illnesses
- Those who go abroad for learning and working
- Residents in pandemic-hit areas
Viet Nam is expected to receive 60 million COVID-19 vaccine doses in 2021, half of which has been committed by the COVID-19 Vaccines Global Access Facility (COVAX) program, Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long said on February 19.
The remaining 30 million doses have been agreed upon by the Health Ministry and the UK-based AstraZeneca company.
By: Online Newspaper of the Government - Viet Nam Government Portal
Same category News :